Mont Chilly - April 1, 2017

I have to say Mont Chilly is a hidden gem. Yes its rather far from Ottawa and it only has a T-bar for hill access but its a got a great vibe, friendly locals and some great terrain.  I got to the hill around 10:30am after a scenic drive down 148. Watch for deer there were lots out in the farmer fields.  Anyway the t-bar was just starting after purchasing the $20 lift ticket.   Condition wise the snow was sticky from a couple cm's of fresh snow but as the day progressed the conditions got faster becoming typical spring skiing like.  Now for the cool news, there is a new run at Chilly, #5. Its on the far side of #4. You have to traverse a trail at the top marked with pink flagging tap till it opens up to a steep glade run with a natural canyon.  This will be killer tree run on powder day through mature hard wood. At the bottom it connects with #4 for the run out back to the T-bar.  Fun times were had.  Everyone should hit Mont Chilly at least once a season. 

Chilly1.jpg

Chillydog.jpg

One of the Chilly Dogs

DSCF1068.jpg

DSCF1070.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1072.jpg

A section of #5

DSCF1082.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

More #5

DSCF1088.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

#3 Glade..I think

Glades5.jpg

Looking down about half way through glade run #5

Tbar1.jpg

Tbar2.jpg

Tophut.jpg

Mont Chilly looks like an area that if you are looking for some "old school" skiing, this is the place to go. We don't hear much about this place where I am so we question from year to year if the place is still open or not. Very little advertising so that's probably why it's a hidden gem in their area. Love the pics of the place, especially the old t-bar. From what I see from the conditions of the open trails, very little grooming is done. Still a fair bit of snow in the region. Thanks for the report! 

Great report. Now we know what Mont Chilly was teasing this past fall on their Facebook page. The new glade looks amazing. All the terrain at Chilly presents a good challenge, with great natural snow. It can't be beat, especially at $20 a ticket.

I've been to Chilly once. Quite the nice little place. Very retro. Even the ski rentals are from a past era, but it does deliver on great skiing. As far from modern as possible, and instead focuses on what makes skiing great... the actual skiing!