Jump to content

Camp Fortune - March 26, 2017


Recommended Posts

cf-march26.thumb.jpg.5e7ed423c9ceb0f8e36c69d4f817a179.jpgWe raced up to Fortune in the hope of getting a bunch of runs in before the freezing rain hit.  We were rewarded with perfect grooming and no lines.  Though a little colder then the gorgeous day on Saturday I suspect the snow was better today. Heggtveit was our number one pick and we GS styled down it half a dozen times to get the blood flowing.  The rest of the runs were in great shape with only Swan Dive closed on the Skyline side.  I'm hoping Fortune can extend the season to the Easter weekend, fingers crossed. 

IMG_20170326_094900612.jpg

Heggtveit in all its groomed glory

 

IMG_20170326_091751974_HDR.jpg

The Valley

IMG_20170326_092130246_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170326_092136783.jpg

Lower section of Clifford

IMG_20170326_094233546.jpg

The park

IMG_20170326_094839682.jpg

We almost got first tracks! 

IMG_20170326_113629736.jpg

The Chute and Canadian were is everyone. Don't pack up your skis yet. 

IMG_20170326_110245701.jpg

Skyline Lift

IMG_20170326_110259692.jpg

Craigsmarc tree run next to Heggtveit

IMG_20170326_113633893.jpg

Lower Canadian 

Link to comment
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful day it would seem. It looks almost like you had the entire place to yourself Locknar. Even the Craigsmarc glade looked to be in good condition. Definitely a great day to be out on the slopes before the poor weather hit.... which I could have been there. :)

Based on the amount of snow left there should be no real issue lasting till Easter. Now it will realistically come down to what kind of weather we get. The forecasts do show a decent amount of rain over the next two weeks and mild temperatures. If I remember correctly, Fortune has been open mid April the past few years. And some of those times the snow pack had already gone down by mid March so we are already ahead. Let's hope it holds. 

Next time I'm out on the slopes we should meet up and do some turns. 

Link to comment

Yeh its looking pretty grim right now with all the rain and freezing rain but the long term forecast for Friday is saying 5-10cm up in the Mont Ste-Marie area.  I'm hoping I can get up there on Saturday.... if its open.

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...