Ski Vorlage - February 6, 2016

As with any sport involving kids, parents have to drive their children to competitions. With skiing, its a great opportunity to get out and ski some of the local hills that don’t always make the list.  This weekend I returned for the first time in many years to Ski Vorlage.

After the rains last week I was surprised at how good the conditions were on the hill.  While the snow pack is thin everywhere in the region, runs that were open were adequately covered and the warm conditions on Saturday made for enjoyable skiing on granular groomed snow. 

Not all of the hill was open. Headwall, La Chute and the lower part of Chien Chaud among others weren’t open, but runs like Look-Out, Birch Valley, Golden Trail and Easy Rider and North Slope were in good shape. Good enough that I worried about putting another gauge into the bases of my ski’s.

Vorlage hours seem to be 0930-1630 at the moment.  A weekend daily ticket costs $35.  The hill is serviced by three double chairs and a t-bar ( a favourite with my son). Vorlage is approximately 25 minutes north of Ottawa in Wakefield, Que, near the end of Hwy 5.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days