Sommet Saint-Sauveur - Saturday November 10, 2018

Ocean

This micro trip report is brought to you by a lack of sleep the previous night. Made it to the hill at 3:15 but I didn't read the fine print, closing was at 4pm! Just enough time for a few good runs on this snowy day with 20 cm of freshly fallen sticky powder. This is the first time so far that we had to wait in a line to get on the chair, there were a ton of people out. And while Nordique and the Rockstar park (top) were roped off, it wasn't stopping people from dipping under the line, with many fresh tracks covering the runs - definitely for rock skis. After the lift closed we headed over to Axis Boutique and met some familiar faces from AKAMP. The day was a tease and I'll be back tomorrow to enjoy more of it!Ilana.thumb.jpg.52c166f40d11f8819dfd7828c62fa81b.jpg

top3.jpg

Nordique top is significantly improved over last week's bare grass.

top4.jpg

L'Etoile brought a steady stream of skiers and riders up to the top of 70 Ouest.

top7.jpg

It was pretty grey with a lot of blowing wind, but still not too cold.

mid3.jpg

The view looking towards the base and not yet open Atomic chair. 

Ilana.jpg

Ilana getting ready to shred!

Yay. A return to colder weather... finally. The season started fairly early but the cold hasn't always cooperated for having more snow. Still, in comparison to some past years with early openings, they were able to reopen without issue each weekend so far. And now a big dumping of natural snow. I didn't see much in the city (Ottawa) but then again, we want it mostly to end up on the ski slopes anyways.

No doubt more terrain and slopes will open over the coming week or two. Can't wait!

Thanks for sharing. Looked like a nice early winter's day!