Mont Tremblant - April 21, 2018

Not being an early bird type, I made it up to the hill just before 2. It turns out that at Tremblant there is a full day rate, a half day rate, and a why are you so late getting here rate of $27 that starts at 2pm. I got my warm up in by walking uphill to the Flying Mile lift as both the Cabriolet and main gondola were closed for the season. It's ok though, I really need to improve my cardio for all the spring hiking I plan to be doing!IMG_2779.thumb.JPG.a3c35b5f5ec433c130cb36092db42236.JPG

I headed immediately for the north side, and was not disappointed. I started out easy on Beauchemin and then switched over to Lowell Thomas and Duncan. I got a lot of great runs in on Saute Mouton, Jasey-Jay Anderson, Superior and Devil's River. Saute Mouton and Duncan lower section were more like slick groomers with few bumps, while the others were delightful soft bumps that my quads were not totally ready for. Pressing on, I made the last chair (so they said) up to the peak and headed over to the north side on Eric Guay, which was also full of bumps. I took my time getting to the TVG chair, thinking this would be my last run. I decided to hit the minivan sized bumps on "17" as the shortcut to McCulloch, and to my delight made it back down for last chair part III. They even let me on after the ski patrol, and were still loading people on til at least 15-20 mins past closing time of 5pm! (thanks guys!). For my last run I took Eric Guay again, and enjoyed it in total solitude. I met a ton of happy skiers/riders on the chair and had a fantastic time before heading home to home made burgers and chips. I'm already packed and ready to head back up tomorrow - I'd been considering going to Jay Peak but Tremblant is so perfect right now, Jay can wait another week!

IMG_2789.JPG

Final shot of the day at the bottom: bumps!!

IMG_2758.JPG

Bumps under Duncan. 

IMG_2764.JPG

Glorious bumps!

IMG_2769.JPG

Shadowplay!

IMG_2771.JPG

That run that is off to the right of the Duncan chair, whatever it is. Yeah there were a lot of bumps, but a lot of fast groomers too!

IMG_2776.JPG

Zigzag pano. Yeah there were bumps the size of cars. No I didn't do them. 

IMG_2779.JPG

Last run up TGV chair!

IMG_2786.JPG

My shadow!

IMG_2787.JPG

Requisite view down Eric Guay! (yeah more bumps!)

In summary: I can't believe they aren't gonna be open next weekend with all this great coverage!

Wow the snow looks amazing. I wasn't expecting Tremblant to look soo good. How were the lift lines?

Were you able to catch any photos of the Lowell Thomas being removed or missing in action? The summit webcam shows the top bullwheel at the summit gone. Any news on the bottom?

Looks like you had a great time, have fun if you return today.

I would say the lines were tapering off by the time I got there. It never took too long to get to the front of the line.

I didn’t get any pics of the Lowell Thomas lift, mostly because everything under it is shut down, but also because I was just bombing through the flat part where the bottom of the lift was. I think it’s already been gone for a week now!

I did indeed make it back today and the only difference was in some sections the snow was heavier and a bit harder to manoeuvre around. Otherwise it looks good enough to remain open another week (it won’t though).