Mountains still open!

A not yet comprehensive list of all the mountains still up and running late into the season! Please add any that I may have missed.

Sommet Sauveur: Open this week during the week but expect closures if they get rain. Open weekends til at least May 13th and possibly longer. Also always good for a day hike.

Tremblant: Extended by one weekend, so that maybe we can actually ski in spring weather on the 21-22nd.

Orford: Open the 21-22

Mont Sutton: Open weekends until May 5th!

Mont Saint Anne: Open the 21-22.

Jay Peak: Still open during the week, soon shifting to weekends only into May.

Sugarbush: Similar to Jay.

Killington: Aiming for June as usual!

Any others?

Here is a list provided by the ASSQ for what is open this weekend. As always at this time of year, check the mountain's website directly or call ahead to avoid disappointment. This is tentatively the last weekend with expansive openings. After Sunday this list could drop to 6 ski areas or less that will continue to operate.

Abitibi-Témiscamingue

• Mont Vidéo

Bas-Saint-Laurent

• Parc du Mont Saint-Mathieu
  • Parc du Mont-Comi

Cantons de l'Est

• Mont Orford
  • Mont SUTTON

Chaudière-Appalaches

• Station touristique Massif du Sud

Gaspésie

• Club de ski Mont-Miller

Laurentides

• Centre de ski Vallée Bleue
  • Sommet Saint-Sauveur
  • Station Mont Tremblant

Mauricie

• Vallée du Parc

Outaouais

• Camp Fortune
  • Mont Sainte-Marie

Québec

• Centre de ski Le Relais
  • Mont-Sainte-Anne

Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean

• Centre plein air Mont-Chalco
  • Station de ski Le Valinouët
  • Station Mont-Édouard

I will be heading out to Massif du Sud tomorrow and from what I have heard and have seen, it is 100% open! Glades included! I don’t think I can recall when at this time of year when any mountain had been 100% open! I believe Le Relais is also pretty much in full operation. With tomorrow’s weather predicted for MDS, temps of just above 0 (+4 I have seen) and bluebird sky, I anticipate an epic end to the season for me. MDS maybe open the weekend of the 28-29th depending on the weather.

It has snowed in the townships off and on most of the week, the winner being Mont Sutton with an announced 20+cm of snow. In Sherbrooke it has snowed off and on as well, but it had melted quickly after it had fallen. 

whooooaa what is the ASSQ?! That is a nice list!!

AS IF Massif was still open!! I thought I missed out so didn't make an effort to go this weekend. Sad to miss the view and at this point will sleep in too late to make it worth the three hour trip. Can't wait for your trip report!

As written on their website (www.maneige.com)

The Quebec Ski Area Association (ASSQ) is a non profit organization founded in 1979 by Quebec ski area owners to promote skiing and defend the interests of their industry vis-à-vis the government. ASSQ is primarily financed by sales of the Ski Passe-Partout and the Provincial Pass and by member dues. The association represents over 70 ski areas.

I just saw that on Facebook. Too bad. 

I am checking the webcam for Mont Ste Marie and unless they can pull off miracles with grooming the snow I think it’s done there too. 

We should know soon enough. The weekend seems to have plenty of rain forecasted too. 

I was checking the MSM Facebook page and last Sunday they had posted that it was the last day so at this point what's open near Ottawa/Gatineau is Mont Chilly (if it reopens, which I doubt), Sommet Saint-Sauveur, Mont SUTTON and possibly Vallée Bleue. Beyond this, further North towards Quebec City and to the south in the States.

In other words, lift serviced skiing for Ottawa/Gatineau is now 2 hours or more drive away. Should still have another 3 weekends at Sommet Saint-Sauveur, perhaps more if all goes well weather wise.