Mont Ste Marie - March 24, 2018

Fantastic bluebird day at Mont Ste Marie, the tallest mountain in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. I always love skiing here, whether it is for the high-speed lifts, or the large vertical drop, or even the trails that have that big mountain "Tremblant" feel... Mont Ste Marie never disappoints.IMG_0025.thumb.jpg.1a056e1383264aadc3154297db68b61b.jpg

I was able to make it out in the afternoon when it was starting to warm up in temperature.

Ski conditions were fantastic, with a nice groomed base and virtually no ice. The temperature was a bit on the cool side with some strong winds, a little surprising for weather at the end of March, but it is doing its job at holding the snow in excellent condition. These are no doubt some of the best late March skiing conditions I can remember in a long, long time.

Standout trails today were Serenade on Vanier mountain (for the big mountain feel) and Formidable on Cheval Blanc (for its steep drop and thrilling rush you get at the bottom of the pitch).

A big shout out to Bob Sudermann, Mont Ste Marie's owner, who allows his own passion and love for skiing to infuse the mountain itself with lots of energy, guaranteeing an amazing time and experience for all. Mont Ste Marie may be the farthest mountain in the Gatineau region, but for the extra 30 minute drive time, you are rewarded with world-class skiing, little to no lines (even on weekends) on fast lifts, long trails, challenging and varied terrain, and a pure skiing ambiance.

The best skiing is now, with warmer weather on the way, the end of the season is quickly approaching. You need to come and enjoy the slopes. Here are some pictures of the day if you need a bit more convincing.

Outaouais.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Formidable.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Carousel.

IMG_0037.jpg

Betsy.

IMG_0031.jpg

Dustin Cook.

IMG_0019.jpg

Riding up Cheval Blanc.

IMG_0033.jpg

The base of Vanier.

IMG_0041.jpg

Looking towards Vanier mountain from the summit of Cheval Blanc.

IMG_0021.jpg

Happy skiing!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the report Shane. Looks like you had a great day in the sun. Conditions look fantastic. At this time of year, you usually start seeing ice patches popping through. MSM seems to have made some great snow this year not to have that happen with all the warmth we have had lately. The last couple of dumps certainly helped out.