"Spring" at Edelweiss 2/27

Ocean

E0C297D4-0AAA-4393-9FD4-B7E03C548532.jpeg.6bbe3f76b25e50267cced1969544fe75.jpegI arrived at about 4:15pm, to a nearly empty parking lot, and no lift lines. The previous night had iced up a bit in the evening, I figured an afternoon of + temps would mellow things out a bit, and I wasn't disappointed! Only the Edelbahn lift was running, and Poma, West Coat and Shotgun were closed by the time I arrived. Conditions are slick early spring but still pretty thin cover following last week's incredibly disappointing rain. I skied every run that was open, for about two hours, until dusk (unfortunately having to leave early tonight). By the time I left there was a "line" at the lift....of maybe 3-4 people in front of me. I didn't think to get any photos tonight except for one, documenting my expression as I recall how steep the bottom section of Strief is. Would have loved to stay a bit longer if I didn't have other things to do afterwards - perfect quick early evening trip!

IMG_2389.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ocean, welcome and thank you for joining us on SlopeEdge.

Sounds like you had a good night out on the slopes at Edelweiss. I can agree that Strief can be a bit surprising with the steepness, especially the left hand side that has more of a drop to it than the right.

Glad to hear you had a great time out on the slopes!

I found this site by accident while looking for old maps of Edelweiss! Loving the trip reports! And while I didn't get to run Shotgun that night, I do recall that the bottom of Strief seems like a cakewalk after the top of Shotgun lol